Self-harm is a growing concern around the globe, with an estimated 2 million people in the United States engaging in self-injurious behaviors each year. Shocking statistics reveal that suicide is the second leading cause of death among young adults aged 15-24, with self-harm being a major risk factor. The pandemic has taken a toll on mental health, and as a result, the rates of self-harm have surged by a staggering 333%.
Self-harm is a silent epidemic that affects people of all ages and demographics, with up to 17% of teenagers reporting engaging in self-injury at least once. In the US, the economic burden of self-harm exceeds $5 billion per year, highlighting the urgent need for effective self-harm rehab programs.
If you or someone you know is struggling with self-harm, rehab can provide the tools and support needed to overcome this challenging condition. If you or someone you know is struggling with self-harm, rehab can provide the tools and support needed to overcome this challenging condition.
- Florida Mental Health Treatment Programs. Self-Harm & Self-Injurious Treatment Program. https://www.hhills.com/florida-mental-health-treatment-programs/self-harm-self-injurious-treatment-program/
- Treatment and support for self-harm. Mind. https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/self-harm/treatment-and-support/
- Self-harm treatment. Priory Group. https://www.priorygroup.com/mental-health/self-harm-treatment
- Cutting and Self-Harm Rehab Centers. American Addiction Centers. https://rehabs.com/cutting-rehab-and-treatment-centers
- Self-injury/cutting. Mayo Clinic. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/self-injury/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20350956
- Self-Harm Treatment Center for Teens. https://elkrivertreatment.com/treatment/self-harm-treatment-centers
- 5 benefits of teen self-harm addiction treatment. https://www.destinationsforteens.com/destinations-blog/destinations-blog-5-benefits-of-self-harm-addiction-treament/
- Is Self-Harm a Form of Addiction? Psychology Today. https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/some-assembly-required/202204/is-self-harm-form-addiction
- Is Self-Harm a Form of Addiction? https://www.7cups.com/qa-self-harm-19/why-is-self-harm-so-addictive-179/
- Can You Be Addicted to Self-Harm? https://www.goodrx.com/health-topic/mental-health/is-self-harm-addictive
A UNIQUE METHODa successful and proven concept focusing on underlying causes
Send Admission Request
Define Treatment Goals
Assessments & Detox
Psychological & Holistic Therapy
Mental Health Insightslatest news & research on Mental Health
Adrenaline junkies are a unique breed of thrill-seekers who crave the rush of adrenaline that comes from high-risk activities such as skydiving, bungee jumping, and extreme sportsread more
Somatic delusions are a form of mental illness that affects a person's ability to perceive their own body accurately.read more
Empty Nest Syndrome
Empty nest syndrome is the feeling of sadness, loneliness, or grief parents experience when their children leave home for the first timeread more
Thought blocking is a sudden interruption in the flow of thoughts, which can occur during conversations or when trying to express oneselfread more